Friday

Day 4: And God said Ye Shall Rest

So, every Saturday Celeste has guitar lessons at the college in La Ceiba, so she gets on the bus at 6:00 in the morning, rides for an hour and half to be there in time for her 7:30 class. It lasts until one (too dreadfully long of a class for me) and then she once again gets on the bus in order to be home by 3.

Sully, is taking grad classes in San Pedro Sula to teach spanish, on the weekends, so Saturday mornings, Vicki and I are left alone to our own English devices.

We spent the day sleeping in until 9... sigh. Then, waking up and watching Slumdog Millionaire (in English! Hooray!) and cooking macaroni and cheese. I was glad for a non-busy day, because I've left Celeste's room, mostly a wreck with my stuff since I haven't had the chance to unpack or get settled yet.

So, I spent the day, reading, watching tv, eating and organizing.

I'll spend this post however telling you about my new town and new home.

I live with three other girls (it seems I am addicted to this, since this is how, in fact, I have been spending the past four years of my life.) So, I'm used to sharing rooms/living spaces/bathrooms with three other people. These past few years at college have prepared me excellently for this moment. Celeste, is my roommate, adn she's 21 too, but you'd never tell it from the look of her. She's an itty bitty size 0 thing, which she abhors by the way. She wants nothing more than to be taller and bigger, and I constantly try to tell her that girls in America would kill to be her. They really would. Celeste is the kind of person you instantly don't like because she's so insanely perfect. She has a beautiful smile, wakes up in the morning looking naturally gorgeous, and plays guitar and sings like an angel straight from heaven. She also has one of those iressistibly, bubbly personailities that make you like her even though you want so bad not to. Shé's also the kindergarten teacher at the school, and the fact that she can keep up and entertain 24 5 year-olds absolutely astonishes me.

Sully is 27, 5'5" and shares the same enviable genetics as her sister Celeste, but is thin enough to wear childrens clothes. Its sick. She's wonderfully dramatic, in the best possible way, and frequently starts sentences with "Guys, you know what we gotta do..." These sentences are always followed with plans of great things we're going to do, like climb mountains, go to national parks, camp on islands... etc. The adventurer in me delights in the fact that I have such a wonderful thrill-seeking roommate to abide and plan such things with.

Vicky is my last roommate, and my only fellow American. She went to Southeastern adn gradutaed early like I did, so she's my age adn we're both in the exact same satge in our life, which is always wonderful to have someone to share the journey with. Vicky played Soccer all thorugh college, so she's one of those sickeningly in shape people that are naturally good at everything, and make awkward atheletes like me realize just why we are so awkward... they hoarded all the good genes so they could be superhumanathletes.

These are the three wonderfuly people that I will pretty much be sharing my entire day with the next 5 months...

No comments:

Post a Comment