Sunday

Day 21: Raining Fish

So, we have been without water for three days now. We have drinking water, but we have no water to bathe in, to flush the toilet with, to wash dishes with... life in Honduras isn't all sunshine and happiness.

We have a little basin outside on our porch where we wash our clothes and that typically is always full of water, however, we've been dipping into our reserve for toilet flushing purposes. Lucky for us, while we haven't had running water we have had rain water, so I stuck a couple of buckets outside to catch water in so we could have just a little bit extra. After a couple of hours, I walk back outside to pour the water in our basin, and I see something's floating. This isn't unsual. Sometimes there will be leaves or other little particles floating, so I thought maybe this was just a small piece of rope. Then, I notice that it isn't in fact floating, but swimming... it's a BETA fish!

We had a couple of these fish when i was growing up, so i knew what they were, but I have never heard of them just appearing in water. So, of course, my first conclusion is that it has rained fish. Rational? No. Logical? No. But hey, when a fish just appears in a bucket, your mind goes to extremes. I run inside and tell the other girls and they all freak out with me and we go outside to see it. So, we're thinking of where we're going to keep it, what we might name it, when the boys next door come out laughing.

They put their fish in our bucket.

I consistently have pranking neighbors.

1 comment:

  1. Great...lol...I'm thinking of the truck ride when you said, "I've never been so dirty in my life." Now you've never been so dirty in your life, right? ;) You're a trooper! Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete