Wednesday

Day 30: AMERICANS

Today, i finally got to see some americans again and I was so excited!

There's something about being a foreigner in a foreign country that makes you immediately connect with other foreigners. I mean really, any foreigners from anywhere. Yesterday, I was absolutely thrilled to see Koreans (and we all know how I feel about asians... :) )

So, today a group of Americans from Meadowbrook Academy in Ocala came to visit the school. I was so overjoyed to see some fellow Americans that I just flitted about from person to person asking them tons of questions and being utterly enthralled with all of their answers.

As fun as it was to see some Americans again, it was strange to be on the other side of the mission field for once. Having these strangers come into my life, make me so happy, just to leave as quick as they came. Honestly, the whole thing made me rethink my ideas about short term missions groups.

But, I did get to see Rachel Marcum today, and it was positively amazing to see a friendly face in a foreign place. Especially considering the fact that I have known Rachel pretty much since she was born and she's 14 now! Yikes! Where did the time go?

1 comment:

  1. So, what are your thoughts on short-term mission trips?

    ReplyDelete