Monday

Day 24: Ash Wednesday

So, I've been thinking what, and if, I'll sacrifice anything for Lent while I'm here in Honduras.

Part of me, the selfish part, says I am already sacrificing enough, like hot water, good food, my friends, communication, air conditioning, chocolate, sour patch kids, etc. by being here, but then there's another part of me that says I should sacrifice something that's actually within my control.

So, I've decided to sacrifice spending money. I don't have anything to buy here, other than souvenirs, since all of my living expenses are being taken care of, but the one luxury I can afford myself is running to the pulperia whenever I'm feeling a need for home comfort and buying a soda or maybe a snack, or little useless things that I can quite honestly live without.

So begins my Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment