Thursday

Days 40-42

So, Steve and Paul invited me to go to the airport with them to pick up a group of college students who are coming to Honduras for the week. I had nothing better to do since Sully had to go and visit a friend in the hospital so I decided to tag along. It turned out that this group was from Ocala! My hometown! How crazy is that? So, I'm really excited, because I finally have people my age to hang out with!! They all get off the plane and say hello to Steve and Paul and then they introduce me "This is Summer. She lives here in Honduras, and she's from ocala too."

So, I get to meet this wonderful little group of people, who I instantly fall in love with and I get to spend three whole wonderful days with them. It was fun to fit in again and to be around people who actually understand my sense of humor, but the best part was getting to introduce them to my life here. We went and visited people who lived in banana fields, visited a Korean outreach church down by the River, and did some home-improvement work on my school. They painted the front side of our school and installed a bunch of new fans all day, It was so great and so needed.

Also, as it turns out, this group was a big nertz-playing group. They couldn't believe that I actually knew the game, so needless to say they were shocked when I whooped their tail. I was the first out and I had the most points... SCORE!

Anyways... I had an absolute blast with these guys and if they weren't from Ocala, I probably would have cried a lot more when they left. They were so precious and it was a complete throw-back to youth trips in High School with Steve, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have gotten to meet them and to know I have an amazing college-group to go home to.

1 comment: