Thursday

Day 47: I feel like a man

So, I've neer been a very big eater.

I'm the kind of person that will refuse a good home-cooked meal because i just had a pack of Skittles earlier so I'm full.
However, I think I finally understand what it's like to be a man.

Being that I grew up around four boys, I've watched boys eat second and third helpings of food, while I've struggled to put down a measely first course. But here, in Honduras, things are different. Because I never know when I'm going to have food, I eat as much as I can whenever I can.

For instance, the other night one of my little first graders, Katherine Paiz, had us over so her parents could cook dinner for us. We had steak, tortillas, avocado and chimon. I ate everything and at the end, all I could think was "That was not enough." I wasn't anywhere near being full. So when they asked if anyone wanted seconds, my hand shot up along with the rest of the boys.

I ate 4 steaks.

FOUR!!!

I am such a man.

1 comment:

  1. Know that feeling...I think I gain weight on mission trips because of that!

    ReplyDelete