Thursday

Days 35-37: Adult ESL

So, Tuesday after school Fito pulled me aside to ask me if I would teach English to some of the parents. Almost all of the parents speak only Spanish, which can be very difficult when all of the kids homework is in English. So of course, I was more than glad to try and help out, so I ask him what days and times and how long we will be doing it for and what does he say?
"We start today at 4."
HA!
In and hour and a half I had to try and figure out how exactly I was going to communicate to people who only speak and only understand spanish. It didn't go so bad though. We have seven little moms and they are absolutely precious! After the first day, they we're all excited just because they could say "Good morning" and "How are you?"
Seriously... so precious.

Teaching the moms though means I'm at school from seven in the morning til 6 at night. By the end of the day, I am absolutely wiped. But it is completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment