Friday

Day 87: Cuadrangulor de Futbol

We had a soccer tournmanet today.

I can count on one hand the amount of "normal" Fridays we´ve had here. This Friday though, we invited three of the other schools to come and play on our field in a little tournmament.

Seriously, one of the most fun days of my life.

The boys have been practicing after school with Ivan for weeks. So, me and the girls decided to practice a little bit of cheerleading. This is Angie. Their toetouches were so cute, and they kept gasping at me when I did mine and asking me to do them over and over again.



This is Victor, one of my third graders. Four five games he didn´t let a single goal get past him. He´s wicked good.


This is David... without a doubt our MVP. Kid plays soccer like five times a day. It is his absolute passion, which shows, because he plays with everything he has. After six games he was covered in dirt and sweat, and didn´t complain one bit about being tired.



My boys won and I was so incredibly proud. Competition tends to bring out my uglier side, so I tried not to get too involved, but during the championship game I was screaming "Vaminos hijos" along with all the parents, which made them all laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! So proud of our little guys!!! :) I love that "cheerleading" came into play...He orders our steps! ;)

    ReplyDelete