Saturday

spanglish and salsa

Sometimes I forget that there are bigger things in life. I get caught up in my feelings, and let them distort the world around me. Today I had one of those humbling moments, or as I like to see it- one of God's subtle reminders that He should in fact be the center, not me. Tonight I spent over an hour hanging out with tons of Latinos. It was amazing to be caught up in the middle of Spanglish and Salsa. There was Puerto Rico, Panama, Peru, Cuba, Mexico and Chile all represented and it was amazing to me to see such a connection. I was thoroughly enjoying spending time struggling with what little spanish I know trying to communicate with them. When I got home I got a friend request from a young girl from Honduras. She's likely one of the girls I'll be working with when I move there in january, and this small little request made me remember; remember that there's more pressing things in the world than my own happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment